HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A fresh modern-day interpretation of the bookstore

Yesterday, I spoke about my first impressions of the "new" Bookstore. Since then I had the chance to ask Amanda De Seta, the new owner, some questions regarding the store. 



TOM: Hi Amanda, I stopped by the "new" Bookstore and noticed quite a few changes. Mostly it appears that the cafe is quite different regarding the menu. It's much smaller than it was and many favorites are missing. Are there plans to bring back the poke bowls and large burgers?

AMANDA: At the moment, we are focused on serving the authentic menu famed chef Adriana has exclusively created, but she is constantly evolving and is open to possibly creating her own versions of some favorites in the near future.

TOM: What other plans does Amanda have for the bookstore? I see it is so much less cluttered and looks beautiful. 

AMANDA: Thank you! We have many exciting interior design plans in process and will share soon, we are just getting started!

TOM: In this day and age of bookstores closing, is it a good idea to make the menu so small at present?

AMANDA: Evolution, diversity and authenticity in the food industry are key. The new team embraces these values and knew we needed a fresh new menu to deliver the type of culinary experience we were expected to and the consumer is looking for.

As for the menu size - we believe that less is more. When menus are too long quality can sometimes suffer. Our menu is small but carefully chosen. With a smaller menu, we can focus on creating memorable dishes that are consistently great and customers will remember.

In regards to renovations and any fixing we’ve done: The company knew the store needed a fresh new look and feel to start this new chapter. We felt it needed to evolve to keep up with the modern consumer and revival in the Grove. The goal is to create a fresh modern-day interpretation of the iconic bookstore that appeals to a wider audience and new generation yet retain its warmth and charm.

There were more than a few things “broken” that needed to be fixed and improved to meet the most upmost standards we are accustomed to and we think customers deserve.

TOM: Thanks, Amanda! Wishing you the best of with the Bookstore!

NOTE: The Bookstore is having a Reopening Night event on Friday, July 14. From 5 to 7 pm, stop by for complimentary beer, wine and bites off of their new menu. 


The Bookstore is at 3390 Mary Street at Florida Avenue.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Pat said...

I am looking forward to seeing the changes. It sounds wonderful and I think a smaller menu is fine. Good Luck to the NEW Bookstore.

July 12, 2017 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Majority of people went to the Bookstore for the cafe and brought their own books and laptops. The pull to go was the CAFE not the books. Not sure I will be going or ordering daily as I have done for the last few years. Was SO excited when I heard someone saved the bookstore. They didn't save it. Not the same not even close. Good luck to the new owner wish them well.

July 12, 2017 9:05 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

One of the bright spots in retail is the indie book store. This is the one idea that is defying Amazon. Google indie bookstore.

July 12, 2017 10:40 AM  
Blogger Ron Jakubisin said...

Hope they do well! Right on about doing a smaller menu... there were too many things to execute and I agree with Amanda's comment on doing quality food.

July 12, 2017 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Madison said...

I stopped by the bookstore, a normal part of my weekly routine, and was pleased to notice the cleanliness, however, I have to admit I was disappointed in the drastic change of menu items. I previously enjoyed the amazing selection, so this new menu appeared very limited. As I was glancing over the menu a bit confused, I was beyond pleased when my sweet barista appeared and greeted me by name as she has always done. It was comforting to see her kind smile and I found myself thankful she had remained. She recalled previous selections of mine and made recommendations from this new menu based on my past dining experiences. She was so very helpful and mentioned some of my old favorites may be reappearing in the future. It was a pleasure to see both Emma and James (another friendly face) reassuring me the best had remained in the heart of the Grove.

July 12, 2017 9:28 PM  
Blogger Nelson Grovite said...

I am very grateful that the Bookstore was saved, as I have always found solace among the books, cortaditos and of of course, the empanadas! I hope the Bookstore has a change of heart and bring back the empanadas, soups and the poke bowls.

July 16, 2017 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home