HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, August 14, 2017

Eagerly booting cars

Regarding the booting of cars and Premier Booting screwing the city. Someone mentioned to me that a lot of the problem is the moving away from people to automation. Most of the parking lots had people on duty at booths, where you paid to park. This alleviated the need for booting. But the booting company found a way around this, too.

I think I told the story before. I used to park in the Coconut Grove Bank Lot before it became condos. There was an attendant there from about 10 am to 10 pm daily and the lot was always open, even when the attendant was not present.


I would park there early weekend mornings and walk over to the gym, this was about 7 and/or 8 am. There was no attendant at that time and people would want to pay, but there was no one to pay, there were no meters in the lot because there was an attendant to pay. When they were on duty. I had a decal for monthly parking so I just used automatically used the lot.

Others would park the cars early, try to pay, find no one to pay and then walk off to eat breakfast or whatever. When they returned, they were booted. This was quite the racket. As you may know, city meters don't go into effect until 10 am, so you can park there for free until 10 am and I assume people thought the same of the parking lots.

So the booting company always had a hold on people. I was booted more than once in that lot and I had to call the booting company and point out the paid sticker in my window. They were so gung-ho to boot cars that they would overlook that people did pay to park in many instances. Some mornings I would return from the gym and see 20 cars booted. So that's what made me laugh about the booting company claiming that in their 20 lots that they cover, they only boot 7 cars a day, total. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home