HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, January 15, 2018

The digital Miami Herald

I've decided to dump my Miami Herald subscription, which it pains me to do since I don't remember ever not receiving a daily newspaper delivery, even from when I was a child. But the newspaper is not arriving (remember I told you about that?)! I'm paying for it but it doesn't come. We had a problem last month, it sort of got fixed, but it's happening again - no newspaper delivery. 

I can't understand how a major metropolitan newspaper can't get the newspapers out! Where are those newsie kids when you need them? 

Anyway, I've decided to let my subscription run out next month and then I will just read the paper digitally. You can read the actual pages on line by subscribing for a nominal fee and it's got all the things the printed paper has - the news, the comics, the tv listings, sports, etc. And there are even about a dozen pages or more in the back of the daily paper with extra things - sections called "Extra" which has commentary, opinion, science and technology, business and more.

And what I love about it is that you can enlarge it to easily read it.

I think we should all support our local newspaper(s) and this is a great way to do it for just $6.50 per month, the first month is just 99 cents. It's $39.99 per year. At this rate, I may subscribe to another newspaper that I like somewhere else in the country and enjoy reading their daily news and then switching it with another city. What's great is that I've been clicking around the internet and many cities offer the e-editions for free without a paywall.

You can subscribe to the digital Herald here.

Sorry if this sounds like an ad. I'm just excited that I found an alternative to the printed edition.


=== 

The Arbor - A boutique eco-living community in Coconut Grove. Check it out.
===

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sophia said...

I've been reading it that way for a couple of years and it's great. The Extra section also has articles and opinion pieces from other news sources. You can also share articles directly via email, Twitter, Facebook, whatever.

January 15, 2018 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Jack said...

I agree with you but, not ready to give up yet. I already spend too much time on electronic devices and find the newspaper a nice diversion. I do read it on line when it is not delivered to my home. Saw many posts on "Nextdoor" over the week end. Many of us are having the same problem and would like to think that our complaints will be heard and the problem resolved.

January 15, 2018 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Arthuro said...

I have had the same problem with the New York Times and switched both the Herald and the NYT to the digital versions. Like you, I love the feel and smell of paper but delivery had been a problem. Happily, I can now read both papers and support their journalism even while traveling.

January 15, 2018 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a problem getting my paper for 6 months. I finally found the email address for the editor and sent her an email. Even after she got involved the next paper didn't arrive. Finally, mine is coming regularly, but it has been a pain making that happen. I suggest someone get her involved. It is not rocket science to get a newspaper delivered.

January 15, 2018 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home